"SUPERTRAIL DU BARLATAY
The trail is a sporting challenge taken up in full nature during which the participants exceed themselves while having the duty to respect the paths which they mark out. The Super Trail du Barlatay commits itself to do its utmost to ensure the promotion of the most responsible practices and attitudes in terms of respect for the environment.
The Super Trail du Barlatay wishes to give priority to the following axes:
- Preservation of the trails and especially their cleanliness;
- Waste Management;
- Soft mobility.
The participants, the accompanying persons, the volunteers and the organizers are all united in the same adventure in the heart of an exceptional nature. They share the same values of solidarity, conviviality and respect for the environment.
All are committed to the following principles:
Preservation of trails and especially their cleanliness
Respect the environment, its fauna and flora:
- Do not disturb the local fauna, do not shout in nature. Do not pick the flowers so that those who come after you can admire them.
- Dogs are not allowed, even on a leash, in order to ensure the tranquility of the wildlife.
- Wild camping is forbidden to respect the fauna and flora.
- Stay on the trails, they are man's territory.
- Don't build wildfires
Do not leave the paths of the race course:
- Let's fight against soil erosion. Don't take shortcuts. Don't take the easy way out, especially on trails that are very vulnerable to gullying in rainy weather.
Do not throw anything on the ground;
Use the toilets provided at the supply sites;
Use an eco-cup and reusable dishes for refreshments:
- Participants must have their own individual cup to be served drinks at the refreshment stations. This individual cup is included in the "compulsory equipment": it allows to eliminate disposable cups on the whole course.
- Whenever possible, we will use normal washable dishes to serve at refreshments and for meals.
When shopping before the race, be particularly attentive to the waste generated;
Follow the instructions for waste separation (PET, paper, glass, non-compostable/recyclable materials);
Ensure responsible use of resources (energy, water, etc.):
- Preference for local resources: In a country where spring water is abundant, we naturally prefer "tap water" wherever possible. This allows us to eliminate all plastic bottles and their transport! The food present on the refreshment stands is bought locally (cheese, cold cuts, etc.) to avoid unnecessary transport and to involve local actors.
Playing the soft mobility game
Drive smoothly if using a personal vehicle;
- Carpooling is not synonymous with constraints and rigidity. If well organized, it can be a "nicer", more economical and less risky alternative to individual travel.
Use the public transportation available.
- The existing public transport allows the accompanying persons to follow and encourage their participants at all strategic points of the course.
- The participants, on presentation of their card, can take the free shuttle bus between Château-d'Oex and L'Etivaz to get to the start of the Trail. Those who have to abandon the race will be brought back to L'Etivaz free of charge from the main points of the course accessible by road.
- The organization's buses are also at the disposal of all the volunteers to transport them in an optimal and eco-responsible way to their different posts.
Charter update, January 6, 2022